03/20  Spotify – for the love of music!

Spotify

My friend Kristian, who’s doing marvelous things at Spotify, gave me a highly desired beta-invite to Spotify this week. And I’m amazed. Ever since Pandora shut down, I’ve been looking for a good alternative. Sure, there’s last.fm and many others. But they just don’t do it for me.

Meet Spotify. This is, hands down, the best streaming player I’ve ever encountered. The user interface is intuitive, the sound quality is excellent, the music selection is enormous. So far, I haven’t found a single bug or flaw that has annoyed me.

Sure, the genre selection is not as fine-tuned as it could be. Sometimes completely unrelated music enters your stream. But even if that’s unintended, it can be quite refreshing. To encounter something fresh and unexpected.

And that’s really what Spotify is all about: musical wandering. You make a few selections, then enter on a musical journey. A journey that looks very promising.

I’ve had Spotify open since I first downloaded the app. And I have no plans to shut it down. It’s simply too good, too addictive, too inspirational.

So, bravo Spotify! You’re on to something powerful.

Digg This [?]   /   Bookmark or spread the word →

Published by Pär, March 20th, 2008
Filed under Inspiration, Soapbox

10 comments to “Spotify – for the love of music!”

1. The Spotify Team is clever, she is making an enormous bug. Few invites, few information… Arrrrgh

Written by modjibe on March 20th, 2008 at 5:05 pm

2. Yeah the service is awsome!

Tried it at a friends place but I lack an invite myself - so if you got a spare one, please invite me!
    ludbergspam@gmail.com

Best regards

Written by Anders on July 5th, 2008 at 10:02 pm

3. @Anders: Unfortunately don’t have any spare invites. But will let you know if I get my hands on any :)

Written by Pär on July 6th, 2008 at 8:24 pm

4. Oh, I wish I could have an invite… Still miss Pandora :)
    If you have some left in the future, would highly appreciate.
    Tnx

kukula (at) gmail.com

Written by kukula on August 12th, 2008 at 11:07 pm

5. I don’t really know what we have to wait from Spotify, since websites like http://www.deezer.com/en already offer free and legal music-on-demand, on a veeeery vast catalogue! What else?

Written by Matt on September 15th, 2008 at 4:38 pm

6. @Matt: Thanks for the tip about Deezer - checked it out, and found some really good music there. Nicely crafted site as well.

The reason why I’ll still continue to use Spotify is all about the user experience - it’s a great little app that does just what you want it to: play music you want to hear, and discover new music you’ve never heard.

And just to be clear - I don’t get anything from plugging Spotify. I just dig the app :-)

Written by Pär on September 16th, 2008 at 1:07 pm

7. Yo, Pär! Man, you really got me excited about Spotify.

Wonder if you have a spare invite? That would be really greatly appreciated, mate.

Cheers!

Written by Nayif on October 5th, 2008 at 6:48 am

8. @Nayif: Sorry man, don’t have any spare invites. But will let you know if I get any :) Peace / P.

Written by Pär on October 6th, 2008 at 9:02 am

9. SPOTIFY is out now!!

Check this out: It´s awesome.
    I recommend it to anyone out there. It will change your complete view on how you deal with music today!

www.spotify.com

Written by Matthew on October 7th, 2008 at 6:44 pm

10. Wish the whole Spotify team the best of luck :)

Written by Pär on October 10th, 2008 at 6:04 am